March 2018 – The Month of Dwelling in the Secret Place
“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty” (Psalms 91:1).
This psalm goes right together with John 15:4 with “Abide in Me, and I will abide in you.
That secret place is literally one of physical safety and security, but access to it is conditional. This gives us the most intense illustration of the very essence of personal relationship. Man has no innate, inbuilt shelter. Alone, he stands without shelter against the elements and must run to the Ultimate Shelter himself.
In verse 1, God is offering us more than protection; it is as if He rolls out the hospitality mat and personally invites us in. However, He also lists the conditions we must meet before mentioning the promises included in His part of the bargain. That's because our part must come first. To abide in the shadow of the Almighty, we must have first chosen to dwell in the shelter of the Most High.
The first significance is that the place is secret and, therefore, not known to everyone. . To be in the secret place is to be pure in heart and clean of hands as Psalms 24 ascertains. No sin can be there. We are also intended to glow with God’s Glory! Secondly we are to dwell there. That is walking away from the clamor and enticements of the world.
Are you prepared to forsake all? If your answer is yes then blessings await you.
As we enter into the 3rd month strive to have a closer relationship with him. The key to moving there is a total surrender to the Holy Spirit and to God’s will for our lives
· Ask the LORD to draw you closer and let you hear, see and obey Him. Pray that your soul will indeed pant after the LORD (Psalms 42:1-2).
· Holy Spirit, please sustain me in the place of closeness to You that I may continue to enjoy the bounty of heaven. LORD Jesus, please shield me from every power that causes a leak of blessings from my life, in Jesus’ Name.
· Father, please send Your fire to destroy every altar erected against my ability to continue to preach the Good News, in Jesus’ Name (Acts 23:12).
· LORD, as I dwell in Your secret place, I pray that no unbeliever around me will outshine me, in Jesus’ Name. I shall be found to be better than the best of them around me, in Jesus’ Name (Daniel 1:19-20).
· Father, as I dwell in Your secret place, let my ears be opened to the voice of your Spirit, in Jesus’ Name (Revelations 2:29).
· Holy Spirit, please shield my eyes away from things that will misinform my heart, in Jesus’ Name (2 Samuel 12:21-23)!
Thank you, Holy Spirit, for answered prayers, in Jesus’ Name!